27 January 2011

What I found on YouTube today....

So just like everyone I was searching around YouTube, I was looking at typography and one video let to another. Then I cam across this video, Speed Customer typography Logo design in Illustrator. What I like about this video is that I am watching someone else work. Which kind of makes me want to see other videos in which people make up a logo right in front of you. While watching someone else like this I compare their actions to how I would have gone about making this logo. I was impressed by how simple it was to create this logo. Which seems like common sense, but I feel like common sense should be reminded every now and then just to keep your brain fresh. When you are designing something, especially graphically it usually simple parts that come all together to make this awesome design. This person made their own serifs based off this other font and created the circle a lot simpler than I imagined.
Randomly, I also kind of like the song playing in the background. Although at the end of the video (4:10) it becomes a black screen with just the song playing.

watch the video to see how this was made

No comments:

Post a Comment